Monday, September 8, 2014

I love apples

It's apple season! What are your favorites? I like Fiji and Honeycrisp. My son likes Jonathan. There's an orchard near us that makes the most amazing apple pies. I'm getting pretty excited!


I've created several apple themed products for you!

First, I'm super proud of my Skip Counting Primary Math Center!


This set has cards for students to count by 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, and 10s. I've found that when skip counting students often don't understand the meaning of what they are doing, so I put groups of apples on each card to help them understand they are counting groups of objects. It's available at my TPT and TN stores.









I've also included recording sheets for various levels.







I also have a center you can use to help kids master those basic calendar, color, and number words. It's available at my TPT and TN stores.

There are sets of words and abbreviations or pictures to match for days of the week, months of the year, ordinal numbers, numerals, and colors. These can be used as a simple matching activity in centers, a concentration game, or a find your partner game for a whole group energizer or morning meeting activity.





The worksheets/recording sheets can be used with the center or as a stand-alone activity. They are perfect for a sub, or just to have on hand for when you need to keep the class quiet and working for a few minutes! Students put words into order, spell words, write abbreviations, and complete word searches for each set.









And finally I have a freebie for you! Students practice following directions as they decorate this row of apples.

Free at TPT or TN

Happy apple season!

If you found this post to be helpful or fun, I hope you'll follow me on social media and at my TPT or TN store.



NVF Signature photo nvfblogsignature_zpsbdbf4a05.png

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Deb. I love the comparison you made with apples and oranges. I'm sure the students loved role playing.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.