Freebies

Sunday, January 12, 2014

In this space-

As I contemplated how to begin my blog, I thought it would be fitting to lay out my teaching philosophy. It's pretty simple. I believe education is about connections. 

Teachers help students connect with content. We do this by first connecting with our students and helping them to connect with each other. We connect new concepts to prior knowledge. We connect with authors and characters. As we make these exterior connections, we are also creating connections in our brains. New learning doesn't happen without connections.

Last summer I got a bit philosophical and wrote this text to remind myself to stay connected to my vision for my classroom. I do not claim to be a poet, but I did write this. I was experimenting with borders, so I have it in 3 different frames.




Poem about what happens in a classroom.


If you like it, you can have a copy. It's free in my TPT store. Obviously, I wrote it about my classroom, but I thought it was also a good description of what this blog will be as well.

Come again soon!


2 comments:

  1. Deb! I am so excited for you to be starting a blog! I have really enjoyed this community of teachers and have learned so much. I really like this poem and think it would be good to hang in my room for some inspiration. Thanks so much! I look forward to reading more on your blog.
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.