Freebies

Friday, January 17, 2014

Valentine's Day

Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm just starting out, but I am determined to make this work!  Any tips from experienced teacher bloggers are welcome! I'm looking forward to making some connections!

Like it says in my blog title, I'm not a very fancy teacher. I don't get into decorating or crafty projects, but I try to have a few activities that are related to the holiday.


I created this activity to give students practice following directions.You can get it for free in my TPT store.  It seems like we practice following directions all the time, but for some reason this paper is different. I was completely shocked the first time I did an activity like this! I remember I was teaching a science lesson about tops and there was an extension activity that I decided to do on a whim. It involved coloring tops, then arranging them into a specific order according to the teacher's directions. I thought it would be a fun. It was so much harder than I expected!

I started doing these activities around holidays because I don't feel like it gets addressed in the standard curriculum. The kids think it's fun because they get to use markers, but I always have to have extra copies on hand because they get very upset if they make a mistake, and there will be mistakes!

Let me know how it goes in your classroom!
NVF Signature photo nvfblogsignature_zpsbdbf4a05.png

4 comments:

  1. Your blog looks like it is off to a great start! This blog helped me out a lot when I was getting started. She has some great videos on getting things going.
    http://mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com/search/label/Techie%20Things

    Good luck!
    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! This looks so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tara! This looks so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb! I think you're off to a great start! If you have any questions, feel free to email me at mrsmandylopez@gmail.com. I don't mind helping--we all start somewhere! :)

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.