Freebies

Friday, February 28, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

I have always been a little fascinated by Irish culture. I spent a semester in Ireland studying the Irish/English conflict. A few of my favorite Ireland-related books :

         

We are usually on Spring Break on St. Patrick's Day, but I like to read Fin M'Coul by Tomie De Paola. Fin comes home worried because another giant, Cucullin coming to get him. Fin's wife, Oonagh, has a plan. She tricks Cucullin into a foolish move that causes him to lose his strength. It's an excellent read aloud for any age group, just be prepared to stop and discuss quite a bit with younger kids. There's really nothing related to St. Patrick's Day in this book except that it takes place in Ireland. Tomie De Paola has a book about St. Patrick, but this one is more fun to read. I just wish I could do a decent Irish accent.


I've created 3 St. Patrick's Day related products. One for purchase, a Facebook Fan Freebie, and a no-strings-attached freebie. Clicking on the pictures should take you to the products.

At my TPT store:

Facebook Fan Freebie!
Please like my page--getting started is hard!

No-strings-attached Freebie!

Linking up!







NVF Signature photo nvfblogsignature_zpsbdbf4a05.png

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Deb, I am a huge fan of Tomie De Paola, but this title is unfamiliar to me. Will look for it. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.