Freebies

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Yes! That's What I'm Talkin' About!



I apologize in advance for cheating a little on this linky, but I just wanted to share this post. I have more than 3 favorites. Thanks to the Teaching Trio for hosting a great linkup.

Have you ever read a blog post that made you want to jump up and yell: 


Lately I've been having that reaction to lots of blog posts. These are not posts about products. These are posts that I think provide fantastic information. The buttons below will link to the blog home pages. The links under the buttons take you to the specific post I loved.


Elementary My Dear, or Far From It


Jennifer Orr's blog was one of the first teaching blogs I found. Her blog is informative and reflective. I always find her thoughts to be interesting. In this post she discusses best practices in early childhood education. She links to some great articles. 


One Lesson at a Time

Demystifying OPEN NUMBER LINES


This post is a wonderful explanation of how open number lines evolve over time and work as powerful tools for students.


Adventures in Literacy Land

How Songs Help Build Strong Readers


In a very thorough post, Jennifer explains the value of using songs in reading instruction. She also gives tons of examples and resources, and answers all your questions about using songs to teach.

The Primary Pack

Using Real Photos in Your Products


This is a great post for bloggers and TPT creators. Elyse writes about sources for photos to use in products on on blogs. She provides information about paid and free sources.


Reading Toward the Stars

So much play and fun is being taken out of our early childhood classrooms. Andrea discusses the value of using puzzles with young children.


I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

Five Tips For Improving Your TPT Store This Year


Wow! After reading this post I started working on some of these suggestions, and the difference was amazing. I knew I needed to work on updating my store, but I guess I didn't realize how much more professional I could make it look. I have so much work left to do, but I'm so grateful for the direction!

The Math Maniac
I haven't actually read Number Talks, but when I read Tara's post, I recognized lots of the strategies from some of my professional development. Using these strategies made a huge difference in my classroom. I'm loving reading the book vicariously through Tara.

First Grade Kate

Number Talks Book Study - Chapters 1 and 2


I found this post by Kate in the comments of Tara's book study. Kate explains what I believe to be essential  to outstanding math instruction.


I'll end with my favorite post from my own blog this month. I was so glad that Jenny K gave me the opportunity to explain how I got my blog name. The linkup is still open, so if you haven't already participated, there's still time.


What's the Story with the Name: Not very fancy


What fantastic posts did I miss? What was your favorite post to write this month? Share in the comments!

If you found this post to be interesting or fun, I'd love for you to connect with me!

Follow on Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.