Freebies

Friday, February 27, 2015

Five for Friday Feb. 27

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

I put out some new math centers this week. These two are working on Mental Math Monster Task Cards. It's so great to see this collaboration between kids. 




I love it when Opera Iowa comes to visit! It's my favorite special event of the year! This year they performed a version of the Three Billy Goats Gruff.


I had such a break through with one of my students using these blending roads. We drove a little bus down the road and put the sounds together to decode. I don't think this little guy has ever decoded a word before, but he read the whole stack! 









We read the Important Book by Margaret Wise Brown. We did a shared writing using the pattern from the book, then the kids got to do their own. We'll cut these apart and assemble them with the topic sentence and concluding sentence in the right places. I set it up this way so they could see how the topic sentence and the concluding sentence were almost exactly the same.



We've been playing a math game with Who Stole the Cookies From the Cookie Jar during the activity portion of morning meeting. The first couple days I gave them the equations and I called out the numbers. Yesterday they had the numbers and had to listen for the equation that was equal to their number. Next week we'll break out the subtraction.


If you found this post to be helpful or interesting, I hope you'll follow me on social media and at my TPT or TN store.


Follow on Bloglovin












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.