Freebies

Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Bus Stop #SOL15


Cody gets out of the car as soon as we get to the bus stop. He likes to be first. 

I've never really understood the obsession kids have with being first. Even when I was little, I don't think I had this desire to be first in everything. Cody, on the other hand, loves to be first. He's very sad if he can't be the first one in line. At his bus stop the first kid to arrive, lines up to be the first one on the bus. As the other kids arrive, they all stand in an organized line. It's nothing like the rowdy bus stops I remember standing at. 


The other day we arrived a few minutes early. Being early always makes me nervous. I asked if he'd like to wait in the car with me, and he answered with a definitive, "no."  He climbed out of the car and walked to the corner. He stood there in his big coat with the hood pulled up jumping up and down with excitement of being first in line. 

I wait there in the car until the bus arrives in a few minutes. I can hardly stand how adorable he is bouncing on the corner as he waits for the bus.


If you found this post to be interesting or fun, I'd love for you to connect with me!

Follow on Bloglovin



1 comment:

  1. Funny that the bus stop has such a sophisticated and organized "culture"!! I, too, have no memory of children being that calm and orderly. I also do not understand why they must be first - but I know it is true even of my 3's. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.