Freebies

Monday, April 20, 2015

You Can Use This Beautiful Video in So Many Ways!

If you've spent any time on my blog, you know I love to integrate music and traditional songs and chants across the curriculum. This week I'm sharing a beautiful video of one of my favorite songs: "Over in the Meadow."



I like to use "Over in the Meadow" this time of year. I think it fits nicely with Earth Day and spring.

Skills that you can teach or practice with this song/video off the top of my head:

Number words/Counting
Rhyme
Dialogue/Quotation marks
Verbs
Nouns
Adjectives
-ed endings/past tense
compare/contrast with a book or another video version





I have a song book that I just copy to give the kids their own copy of the lyrics. There are lots of places where you can get the lyrics. This is pretty similar to what I use.




Follow on Bloglovin

NVF Signature photo nvfblogsignature_zpsbdbf4a05.png

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute video! I like the ideas you shared. My kiddos will love it! Thanks for sharing!
    Karen
    Planet Happy Smiles

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.