Freebies

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Do You Know I Appreciate You?

In all the educational excitement last week, you probably didn't notice, but I didn't participate in any exciting events.

I just didn't have anything really ready to go, so I'm extending Teacher Appreciation Week. (I don't want anyone going through withdrawal!)

I have been trying to get products updated, and I did make some progress! I've updated several math centers (includng a free sample), and a non-fiction writing freebie. So in case you missed it (which you probably did!) I'm linking up with Techie Turtle Teacher to fill you in! 

 In case you missed it linky

I'm most excited about the improvements to my Math Task Challenge Cards. I've learned so much since I first created them, but updating was just so daunting. Luckily, I got some motivation when Selma from Learning Fundamentals asked to review them for a blog swap. The product includes 138 unique task cards. 


Math centers for first or second grade


Task Card recording sheetsengaging, multi-faceted tasks

They aren't called challenge task cards for nothing! Many of these tasks have multiple correct answers. Most of the time a recording sheet will be used for each individual card because the tasks are so involved. These are great for early finishers, math centers, or for small group instruction.

Nine unique math center activities for grades 1 or 2; 138 unique cards. Counting strategies, adding, subtracting, open-ended logic challenges, problem writing, and more!

I've also updated my domino math centers. These dominoes are designed to provide practice balancing equations while also deepening student's understanding of basic fact strategies and rules. Each of the 4 centers focuses specifically on a fact strategy or rule. One set is completely free! My students love taking activities like this home to do with their families.


Finally, in honor of teacher appreciation week, I also updated another nice freebie. Teaching young students to write a non-fiction story with a topic sentence, facts, and a conclusion (as the CCSS demand) requires lots of modeling and guided practice. I use these stories as examples. I cut them apart and student reassemble them in the correct order. They have to identify the topic sentence and the conclusion.

Animal stories

Finally, after over a year of blogging, I created an About Me page, and I'd like to know about you! Please take this quick survey!







Follow on Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.