Freebies

Monday, June 29, 2015

How to Make Stove Top Lasagna

Usually I miss the meat in vegetarian meals, but in this stovetop lasagna, I don't even notice its absence.

You will need pasta (lasagna noodles), a jar of spaghetti sauce (or 2 cans of tomatoes), 1 large onion, minced garlic, 1 1/2 cups of frozen spinach (fresh is fine), and 1 quart of fresh mushrooms (quartered), cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and Italian Seasoning (I also throw in oregano, basil and a bay leaf sometimes.)


You know how some people say kids are more likely eat the meal you make when they are involved with the cooking? It's a lie. But I digress.


I usually make this dish in one pot. I break about 8 lasagna noodles into thirds and cook them according to the directions on the box, then I let it drain in a colander while I saute the garlic (I like to use about 1 Tablespoon), onion, mushrooms, and spinach. 
Next I add the seasonings. If you don't use the bay leaf or the basil, that will be fine. 


Pour in the sauce and the cheeses.
Stir in the pasta

Click here to get the recipe in a PDF.

This recipe is great for people trying to add more vegetables to their diet! Like the baked oatmeal, cheeseburger casserole, and  frittata, it's very forgiving. Exact measurements aren't really necessary. 

If you found this post to be interesting or fun, I'd love for you to connect with me!










Follow on Bloglovin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.