Freebies

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Top 5 Podcasts for Educators

Are you a podcast listener? I've recently discovered educational podcasts for educators to be an excellent way to get myself some high-quality professional development when my eyes or hands have to be otherwise engaged. I listen in the car, while folding laundry, walking on the treadmill, and while making dinner. 

Today I'm sharing my top five podcasts for educators. These podcasts regularly introduce you to national leaders in education, cutting edge technology, and new teaching strategies. As you listen to these, you're sure to learn about more podcasts.


These podcasts are not listed in order of greatness. While they are some of my personal favorite podcasts for educators, other educators with different interests and experiences would obviously have different top 5 lists.



 Podcast for educators Truth for teachers

Many people are familiar with Angela's blog and books. Her podcast, Truth for Teachers, is an awesome one to listen to on the way to work. You'll feel calm and confident after listening to Angela's counsel on a wide range of topics. She is a former elementary teacher and current educational consultant. 

Angela provides advice on ways to improve your life as a teacher both in and out of the classroom. I get some nugget of wisdom from each episode. 

My favorite episode was Classroom Clutter: What to Keep and What to Toss. When deciding what I want to keep or toss, I always thought: What could I use this for? Angela suggested changing my question to: Can I teach without this? What a huge difference! 

If you're just dipping your toe into the podcast world, Truth for Teachers is a great place to start.


 Podcast for educators Student Centricity

Studentcentricity is hosted by Rae Pica, whose work I truly admire. She has wonderful guests and approaches tough issues. She's a strong advocate for early childhood education, so if you're a primary or preschool teacher, you're sure to love Studentcentricity.

 Podcast for Educators: Every Classroom Matters

Vicki Davis, also known as the Cool Cat Teacher, is a pioneer in the area of educators sharing and connecting on the web. She is a high school teacher, but any educator can find inspiration in her work. In Every Classroom Matters, Vicki gives information on some of the most innovative ideas in education, and she tries to make them approachable for beginners. 

As a primary teacher, I enjoy hearing the perspective of a high school teacher, and I've discovered so many other interesting leaders in the education world from her amazing guests.



 Podcast for Educators: Teacher's Aid

Teacher's Aid is another podcast hosted by Rae Pica. She's no longer recording new episodes since she's moved on to her Studentcentricity podcast, but I'm including this in my list because I loved every episode! This podcast is packed with research-based information on social-emotional learning and child development. This is the professional development you always wanted, but never got.

 Educator Podcast: Teaching, Learning Leading, k-12

Teaching, Learning, Leading, K-12 covers a wide range of topics and introduces listeners to some of the most innovative and influential voices in education. 

There you have my top five podcasts for educators! I'm always on the lookout for new ones, so tell me your favorites in the comments--they don't have to be education-related! Other places to look for podcasts about teaching and learning are the BAM! Radio Network Home Page and the Education Podcast Network. You can access so much wonderful information for free and on-demand! 

Remember that these podcasts need ratings and reviews, so if you become a listener, be sure to go give it some stars!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Good to hear from you, and with an excellent post, too! I haven't done much in the way of podcasts so this is a nice list to start with. Thanks! Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.