Freebies

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

January 2015 Currently



The Currently link-up is such a wonderful way for us to not only connect with other bloggers, but also to reflect and record our own lives. I haven't been able to link up in quite a while, but I do plan to stick with it this year.


Paw Patrol is a show on Nick Jr. My toddler loves it, and I usually choose to listen to it rather than listen to the screaming when she can't watch.

Carly Jeanne--born 11/18 

I am so grateful to be able to take 12 weeks off work, but I am outraged at the sad state of family leave in the United States. If you don't know, the US is the only developed country in the world where women are not guaranteed any paid leave for the birth of a child. You can read more in this article published in the Atlantic last summer or in this article published in the Huffington Post a few years ago.

I often don't get the Christmas decorations down until Spring Break, but this year will be different. Right? 
Am I alone in this problem?


No need for details on potty training or sleep deprivation.

I would love to get connected with you! Please leave a comment or get in touch.
Happy New Year!



NVF Signature photo nvfblogsignature_zpsbdbf4a05.png

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little one! Congrats. :) I had a baby this past June, and loved my 12 weeks off with him, too. Time flies after having a little one! I hope you all enjoyed her first Christmas.

    I'm a new follower- I found you through Farley's link up. Happy New Year! :)

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!
    I agree with your "yes" on healthy eating!!
    -Lovely Nina
    http://lovelyninadesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    Happy New Year! Your new little Carly is precious. Congratulations. Enjoy your time with your babies for the rest of your maternity leave. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Is it February you will be returning to the classroom?
    Just started following you!
    Stephanie
    Lunch, Snacks, and Recess

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what this post made you think about! I love to hear from readers, and I always try to respond.